Friday, January 22, 2010

Alloy

I really like silver toys. I have no idea why, I just do. Way back when I first saw that Onell Design was coming out with the rotocast vinyl Armodoc, I knew I wanted a silver one. For some reason or another, there isn't going to be an all silver one, so I did what I usually do. I made one. I got the Standard and Reverse Ayosire Armodocs and swapped out the colors to make an all black one, and I used the all purple one to make this figure that I now call the Alloy Armodoc. I thought about making it solid, clean silver, but thought it would look cooler all gritty and worn. There are mud stains, rust, old paint, and alien blood (not real!) smeared all over this guy. The way I see it, he's been at the game a long time, and I wanted that to show through.







I think he looks pretty spiffy with my other silver Glyos figures. Yay for silver toys!

No comments: